My research interest covers several topics:
- Green Software and Computing: Design of power-efficient systems.
- Cloud computing: PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
- Resource management in distributed infrastructures
- Elastic resource provisioning systems in the Cloud.
- Cost-aware mechanism related with provisioning techniques.
- Service Computing in distributed environments such as Clouds or Grids.
- Service Composition and Web Service technologies.
- Peer-to-peer decentralized systems.
- Workflow scheduling on federated Clouds.
- Business Process Management and Workflow Management Systems.
- Distributed and Decentralized Workflow Execution.
- Workflow or Business Process Definition Languages such as BPEL, YAWL, XPDL and BPMN.
- Workflow Execution on Cloud Computing platforms such as Scientific Workflows, Taverna or Pegasus.
Oviedo3-OOTLab (2008-01-02 –
ongoing) is a group of investigation about model driven software and
business process in the University of Oviedo, (Spain).
- Myriads (2009-06 – 2012-07) is a research team that designs and implements systems and environments for autonomous service and resource management in distributed virtualized infrastructures. The team tackles the challenges of dependable application execution and efficient resource management in the future Internet of Services. INRIA, (France).
- ConPaaS (2012-08 - 2013-10) is a research team enclosed in the distributed systems group
focuses on social and sustainable models and design in software and services engineering. Topics such as social service models, sustainability in software engineering, green IT strategies, SOA migration and modernization, are well within our research playground. By exploring social aspects of services, we are struggling to understand and support “socio-technical congruence” within software-intensive software systems. Exploring sustainability aspects of services, we are struggling to understand and support the business level of complex systems, to verify and sustain their economic endurance.
S-Cube (2008-03 -- 2012-03) -- S-Cube, the
European Network of Excellence in Software Services and Systems,
will establish an integrated, multidisciplinary, vibrant research
community. This will enable Europe to lead the software-services
revolution, thereby helping shape the software-service based
Internet which is the backbone of our future interactive society
(see the S-Cube homepage). S-Cube is a 4-year EU-sponsored research
project, with the goal of integrating european research effords in
the area of service-based systems.
AutoChem (2008-02 – 2011-12) This project aims at investigating and exploring an unconventional approach, based on chemical computing, to program complex computing infrastructures, such as Grids and real-time deeply-embedded systems. Chemical computing uses the chemical reaction metaphor to express the coordination of computations.
Contrail (2012-08 - 2013-10) The goal of the Contrail Project is to design, implement, evaluate and promote an open source system for Cloud Federations. Contrail will leverage and extend the results from the XtreemOS FP6 IP project, which builds a Linux-based operating system to support Virtual Organizations for next-generation Grids.
MRE Cluster Green Software (2013-09 - on-going) MRA Cluster Green Software is a R&D project on green software. Within this project research and validation will take place, in collaboration with the knowledge institutes and industry partners within the project team. The aim is to group knowledge and research results on the green software subject and force a breakthrough on innovation and sustainability. Within this project we will develop a new research infrastructure, tools and models and validate them in practice. This might results in new R&D projects, involvement of small and medium sized enterprises and possible spin-offs. Finally this project should contribute to the development of this specific green IT industry in the Amsterdam region.
- OpenWebinars 2015 Docker Introduction.
- Meetup Monitoring a Microservice Infrastructure in Madrid 2015.
- Meetup Docker Networking in Madrid 2015.
- International Conference on Cloud Engineering IC2E 2012.
- International Conference on Cloud Computing CLOSER 2012.
- International Conference on Web Services ICWS 2010.
- Software Engineering Group in Vrije University Amsterdam 2010.
- Summer School Contrail 2011.
- French Conference RenPar 2011.
- International Conference on Service Oriented Computing ICSOC 2011 (December).
- International Conference on e-Science 2011 (December).
- Cloud Computing Day -- Catholic University of Louvain 2012 (November).
- 1st ConPaaS workshop -- Vrije University of Amsterdam 2013 (April).